Tuesday, August 24, 2004

A Pox on Ye, Vile Mr. Beep Beep!

I should be working right now. I should be giving the dominatrix what she wants and typing away at my final polish before I send her out to my band of merry proof readers (so she can torture them for a few days).

But I'm not.

Wanna know why?

Because there's some dang dumptruck outside that's been backing up for twenty minutes making its incessant BEEP.... BEEP.... BEEP.....

Honestly, if you need an alarm to know there's a truck backing up towards you, you deserve to be run over.

Wanna know the punchline? A friend of mine actually knows the guy who invented those alarms and has offered to forward any messages I may have.

I'm going to, and when I get the ding dong's reply I'm going to frame it.

Dear Mr. Cocles,

I'm sorry for that stupid alarm I invented. You're right. It IS keeping the imbeciles alive long enough to breed, and for that I apologize.

Sincerely Yours,

The Doofus who invented that Stupid Alarm for when trucks are backing up.

4 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

You've usually got more words up your sleeve to throw at idiots, that is, your post was (entertaining as usual) but way to short. I know you've got more to say.

Tue Aug 24, 03:31:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Cocles said...

It would have been longer, but the truck finally went away.

Tue Aug 24, 03:37:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Cocles said...

Bah-Dump, Ching!

Wed Aug 25, 11:02:00 AM PDT  
Blogger thuringwethil2004 said...

UGH! - I hate those things. When my second was a newborn, the garbage men would come at 5:30 a.m. THe back up beep wasn't what woke her. It was the men yelling OVER the back up beep. It was so annoying.

Wed Aug 25, 11:17:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home