Sunday, July 11, 2004

Shaddup!

I saw a movie a few days ago. And as often happens there was a guy near me who wouldn't stop making noise. It took the people around him moving away, me asking him to be quiet, an Usher speaking with him, and finally me yelling at him to get him to cram it.

Personally I don't like yelling at them, since for all I know they could be some nutcase with a penchant for firearms. (But hey, it was Spiderman 2.)

Anyways, I wasn't aware of this, but apparently I'm the one being rude for telling these people to be quiet.

When did this happen?

Only a couple years ago when you told someone to be quiet they'd pipe down. Now when you say something they act as though you're denying them a basic human right. And you can't blame any one particular generation or group since I've found myself facing everything from self-important senior citizens, to belligerent Russian tourists.

It's not as if being quiet in movie theaters has become an outdated rule that no longer applies. It's a movie. You pay money to watch and listen to it. If you bought your ticket thinking it'd be a great opportunity to chat with your friends then you're an idiot. Shaddup.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate on this one Cocles, people talking or making noise (candy wrapper, real crunchy and noisy chips, eating with the mouth open, etc.) is the one thing I cant stand when I am looking at a film at a cinema.

I dont think you were rude to yell at him, especially after the fact that so many persons had already politely asked him to pipe down.

Regards, Wolf

Mon Jul 12, 06:43:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Cocles said...

I liked it with the exception that he took his mask off too much.

It's like he were the exhibitionist of superheroes...

"Hey Baby, wanna see my face!?"

*SPOILER*
Personally, I think the train scene would have been better if the people had covered his face and refused to look, as a way of showing their respect for him.

Sun Aug 08, 02:02:00 AM PDT  
Blogger thuringwethil2004 said...

It goes back to parents not teaching their kids how to behave. If they didn't learn it at home, they won't know how to act when they're grown. Parents coddle their children now, turning them into whining girlie men and feminazis.

Also - aside from the endless talking people do in the movies now - what is up with bringing your small children to see PG and up movies? Every heard of a babysitter people? I leave my 3 year old at home so I can enjoy the movie and only to be bothered by someone's one year old at something totally inappropriate for their age.

Tue Aug 17, 07:56:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Cocles said...

I actually had a baby screaming in the audience when I went to see a midnight showing of "From Hell" on opening night.

Honestly, forget that it was at midnight; what kind of sick people take their baby to see "From Hell"?

Tue Aug 17, 08:04:00 AM PDT  
Blogger thuringwethil2004 said...

Wow cocles, some parents are really stupid. I had trouble sitting through that one at home.

Tue Aug 17, 10:03:00 PM PDT  
Blogger thuringwethil2004 said...

Wow cocles, some parents are really stupid. I had trouble sitting through that one at home. I took a baby to scooby doo once, but she slept and/or nursed the whole time. If she had cried, I would have taken her out immediately.

Again, Babysitters people!

Tue Aug 17, 10:04:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home